Thursday, April 26, 2012

Live show #1: Endless Bummer at McDaniel College

This show was somewhat of a test run for my new recorder. It was a benefit show for the Shriners' Children Hospital, taking place in a church at McDaniel College in Westminster. I missed the first few bands.

The show was pretty terrible; very few people showed up and most of the bands weren't exactly to my taste. I made this trek to visit a good friend who attends McDaniel and to support my pals in Endless Bummer (plus I was dying to try out the recorder). This show isn't really indicative of the shows I'll be covering, so don't worry.

The recordings sound pretty decent considering the show was in a massive, noisy church. The sound was particularly apt for the jangly surf rock of the Flying Faders. On the other hand, the reverberant church wasn't the best setting for Baltimore blackened punks Endless Bummer, but they played some new jams which were pretty sweet.

-Ben

Download: 042512-EndlessBummer-McDaniel

No comments:

Post a Comment